Sunday, November 8, 2009

12 days and counting...


Okay, I really trimmed down the last New Moon post, so if yours got deleted, I apologize. I don't normally do that-- I try to honor everyone's voice-- but what was there was a little overwhelming. Or underwhelming. :) Anyway, we'll see how it goes here!

I will be adding posts for Life As We Knew It and Diary of a Wimpy Kid as requested. :)

Someone asked whose team I'm on... While I like Jacob as a character, to me he's just not the love story-- the love story is Bella and Edward. So count me on Team Edward I suppose. :) In the book, he's hard not to appreciate!

Others have asked what the Twilight Saga is about; click here to read the story behind the novel Twilight, and click here to read about New Moon (and the titles are hyperlinked to Amazon.com to so you can read synopses of the books). Hopefully this helps!

One of the posts I deleted actually made me stop and think after the fact-- someone said they didn't like Bella, but they liked the books. Now I am sorry I deleted that, because Bella's perceived weakness is probably the most common criticism of the books. So let's discuss it! What do we think of Bella? Is she Every Girl, or is she too weak to represent? Hmm...

:)
Mrs. P

3 comments:

teamedward!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! said...

I love the twilight series!!!!! Edward is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Roshon said...

Interesting question about Bella....admittedly, I can say that she's not my favorite but it's for the same reason with Edward/Cullen family....

They're a little too....perfect...I know, Bella's as clumsy as stick and Edward's a possessive worry-head, ect. but, Edward is handsome, intelligent, a good lover, athletic, can pretty much always resist Bella's scent, ect. or Dr. Cullens, good looking, smart, a fantastic doctor...actually, Bella's not too bad as mary-sues go, but they have fewer....flaws, than I'd appreciate. It's mostly the Cullens I have a hard time with perfect characters...they're up there with Ginny (Jenny? Jinny?) from Harry Potter...

Hurra I ramble too much, sorry.

Analie

Mrs. Media Clerk said...

I, also, am a Team Edward person! Jacob is part of a different plan (I don't want to spoil for anyone who hasn't read all 4 books) and, sometimes, he annoys me with his pushiness towards/about Bella.
I really like the "book Bella" but I did NOT like the way Kristen Stewart portrayed her in Twilight. Too morose and blah (that's my technical, analytical term). However, I'll go see New Moon, regardless of her acting abiities! Can't wait!