Thursday, October 17, 2013
Everyone should be to page 200 by now. Let's set our next goal for next Thursday at... well, I was just flipping through the chapters, and I think we should finish the thing! It'll go super fast, I promise, and there aren't really any good chapter breaks. You'll see what I mean. Until then, here are some discussion questions to tide you over:
1. What do Col. Graff and Major Anderson want to use Ender for?
2. What was Ender's favorite method of attack? Why did it work so well?
3. Why does Dink think about the "bugger threat"? Whom did he say was the real enemy?
4. How did Ender fight the older boys in null gravity? How does Ender feel about the violence?
5. What is the significance of Peter's image in the mirror in the computer game?
6. How is Ender alone even among his friends? Why is he like this?
7. Why does Graff need Valentine to help Ender?
8. How does Ender finally get away from the End of the World?
9. When Ender finally gets an army of his own, how do they stack the odds against him?
10. How does Ender treat Bean? How is this ironic?
11. What happens between Ender and his only real friend, Alai? What does competition do?
12. How do Graff and Anderson treat Ender as a tool? Does this happen in real life?
13. What makes Ender such a great commander? How does his army do?
14. How does Ender defeat Bonzo against all odds?
Thoughts on any and all questions, guys! And if you have questions of your own, please post them here; I'll get back to you ASAP.
Friday, October 4, 2013
Sounds like you had a pretty great meeting today. Please still share your responses to some of the discussion questions on the previous post-- I'd like to "hear" your thoughts!
Next page goal-- set by you-- is p. 153, Chapter 10, "Dragon." Can't wait to see what you think of where the book is headed... and where you think WE are headed RIGHT NOW.
See you next Thursday, and happy weekend!