Monday, March 22, 2010
1st round of discussion questions
There's a lot of setting and character building at the beginning of this book-- very heavy on the exposition, but you'll be glad for it later. So, let's start with some pretty basic questions:
1. How does Hazel end up being the group leader? What are his personality traits that allow him to lead? Does Fiver have something to do with Hazel being leader?
2. Rabbits are creatures of habit. How is it that such a relatively large group of rabbits is willing to leave with Hazel and Fiver?
3. Cowslip's warren is very, very strange. Discuss the ways this warren is different from Hazel's.
4. Fiver compares Cowslip's warren to "trees in November" (ch. 14). What does he mean?
5. Both Dandelion and Silverweed recite in the great burrow. How are the two different?
Okay, I'll post some for the next section of reading later this week!