Friday, December 4, 2009
First Discussion questions to p. 120
Sorry this is so late! I just finished the assigned pages, but I'll be better for the next goal (which sounds like it might be finishing the book). Let's discuss:
1. Is childhood a right? Does a person robbed of a "normal" childhood have any possibility of stability as an adult? Does Ender have any chance of living "happily ever after"?
2. Why is Ender’s being a Third considered negative? What does this tell you about society
3. What can you tell about this society based on the fact that it has produced a place like the
4. Why does Ender keep trying to get past the Giant’s Drink in his game?
5. Read the conversation between Ender and Dink on pp. 120-121. What do you think of
Dink’s point of view? Do you think he’s right?