Thursday, December 8, 2011
Next Week + More!
So next week is our last Thursday meeting before break, and we have a couple different traditions from years past that we like to keep. First, we do a book exchange--
Winter Break Book Exchange:
1. Everyone brings a book to LEND for reading over break (it will be well taken care of), holiday wrapped and ready for the person you chose (if you haven't drawn yet, see me ASAP-- I have names for you!).
2. The book can be either one from your own collection or you may select a library book for your person to check out (meaning YOU check it out, gift wrap it, bring it in and when he/she chooses it, they will in turn check it out to get it off your account).
3. Please try to select something of a manageable size for all-- no War and Peace, no entire Lord of the Rings... you know what I mean! You may, however, select two books if they are very short.
4. Select a book that has meaning to you. Maybe it's a childhood favorite, maybe you read it recently and it's your IT book right now... something that separates it from all the other books you've read!
5. We will meet Thursday the 15th and do our exchange then, along with setting a reasonable reading goal for Phantom Tollbooth.
The second (newest) tradition is that we make this a potluck party! We did this last year, and it was a lot of fun. You guys interested? Here's the sort of things I was thinking that people should bring in, and then we'll have lunch and exchange "presents" (book exchange) and chat and eat and drink:
1. Deli meats (for sandwiches)or other "main dish" items
2. Bread (3 loaves)
3. Veggies (for sandwiches)
4. Chips (assorted)
5. Desserts (")
6. Drinks (")
If we're going to do this, you guys HAVE TO REPLY HERE AND LET EVERYONE KNOW WHAT YOU ARE BRINGING FOR THE PARTY. ASAP!