Friday, October 2, 2009
Discussion Questions--to p. 123
I'm a little late with this-- sorry! I'll be better next week. :) Questions:
1. I love some of the word choice, imagery and figurative language in this book. What are some of the language choices that stand out to you? Where have you paused and thought about what was being shown to you?
2. Is Leisel a substitute for Hans and Rosa's children? Why or why not?
3. Death says that Leisel is "a girl with a mountain to climb" (p. 86). What is her mountain? Who is her climbing partner?
4. Hans Jr. calls his father a coward. How does it take courage to oppose Hitler?
5. FEEL FREE TO POST HERE any questions that you have... as you have them! We can discuss together.