Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Bookies! I Have Chosen!


All right, Current--and Possible!--Book Club members, we are going to read To Kill a Mockingbird. I have ordered enough copies for the members we already have, but if anyone would like to join us, please let me know because we would love to have you! This is my favorite book of all time, so I am really looking forward to reading this with you guys. I feel certain that you will all love it as much as I do. It also has one of the best movie adaptations ever, so we will for sure watch it once we finish reading the novel. Maybe we can steal a couple of SSR periods and do extended lunch-and-a-movie dates... what do you think?

Speaking of movies, I know you guys are bummed about Inkheart; I am too. If it comes out before school lets out, we'll definitely have a watching party. No release date on it yet, but I'll keep my eyes peeled!

Back to Mockingbird, I should have the copies tomorrow, so do you guys want to meet tomorrow during 8th grade lunch and decide on pages to read by next Friday? Let me know.

:)
Mrs. P

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I've wanted to read that book for a LONG time! :D Can't wait to read it, I'll come in during my lunch.....haha, if I remember...looks like another thing to write on my hands......

Analie

Anonymous said...

Some of those covers look really cool... but you can't (FULLY)judge a book by its cover!

(Carl Haissen and his two year old covers, but good books...)

Can't wait to see whats in store!