Tuesday, March 11, 2014
This Week's Page Goal = One Chapter More Than Last Week!
Discussion Questions (please answer here on the blog, and be ready to discuss Thursday!):
1. What do you learn in chapter 1 about Maycomb, Atticus Finch and his family?
2. What do you think of the way Atticus treats Walter Cunningham? What do you think Scout learns from Walter's visit?
3. What do you learn about Dill's character?
4. What, briefly, is Boo Radley's story?
5. What do you think of Miss Caroline Fisher? Is she a good teacher or a bad teacher? What makes you think so?
6. What do you think of the way Atticus treats Walter Cunningham during his visit? Does Scout learn anything from the visit?
**7. Atticus says that you never really understand a person "until you climb into his skin and walk around in it." What does this mean? Is it an easy thing for Scout to learn?
8. What do we learn about the Ewells in Chapter 3?
9. What do Jem, Scout and Dill do during the Boo Radley Game? Is this an accurate depiction of what goes on in the Radley house, do you think? Why or why not?
10. What or who do you think is laughing inside the Radley house?