Friday, February 8, 2013
Second Reading Goal, Reading Roles + Discuss!
1. Scene Setter-- Raven
2. Word Wizard-- Divya
3. Summarizer-- Dhruv
5. Literary Luminary-- Alex
6. Questioner-- Aly
7. Connector-- Raven
Note that some folks have two roles; if you haven't been assigned one and want to grab a role, let me know! Now, for some discussion questions. Answer a few of these thoroughly and thoughtfully before our meeting on the 21st:
1. Would you like to time travel? Where would you go if you had to choose-- past or future? Why?
2. Why does Kate feel such huge responsibility for her siblings? If you were in her shoes, would you feel the same? Why or why not?
3. Who is most like you-- Kate, Michael or Emma? Why/How?
4. Compare the different reception the children receive from Abraham, from Miss Sallow, and from Dr. Pym. Why is Miss Sallow so unpleasant to them, you think?
5. When they explore the house, why does Michael want to go through the door that appears in the basement wall? Why does Kate allow them to go through? Why does it take Kate longer than her siblings to accept that magic is real?
Lots to discuss! Hope to see posts from all of you soon.
Have a great weekend,