Thursday, February 21, 2013
Chosen Reading Roles this week are:
1. Scene Setter-- Dillon Silvernail
2. Word Wizard--Eric Yi
3. Summarizer/Illustrator-- Dhruv Patel
4. Literary Luminary-- Divya Bhat
5. Questioner-- Raven Moe
6. Connector-- Emily Knight
I just re-shared the roles description with all of you, so revisit it if you're not sure what exactly you should be focusing in on as you're reading. And use post-it notes! If you need more, come see me.
That's it for now. I'll post some discussion questions next week, so be checking the blog for those... and respond! I want you guys to be discussing the reading together.
Friday, February 8, 2013
1. Scene Setter-- Raven
2. Word Wizard-- Divya
3. Summarizer-- Dhruv
5. Literary Luminary-- Alex
6. Questioner-- Aly
7. Connector-- Raven
Note that some folks have two roles; if you haven't been assigned one and want to grab a role, let me know! Now, for some discussion questions. Answer a few of these thoroughly and thoughtfully before our meeting on the 21st:
1. Would you like to time travel? Where would you go if you had to choose-- past or future? Why?
2. Why does Kate feel such huge responsibility for her siblings? If you were in her shoes, would you feel the same? Why or why not?
3. Who is most like you-- Kate, Michael or Emma? Why/How?
4. Compare the different reception the children receive from Abraham, from Miss Sallow, and from Dr. Pym. Why is Miss Sallow so unpleasant to them, you think?
5. When they explore the house, why does Michael want to go through the door that appears in the basement wall? Why does Kate allow them to go through? Why does it take Kate longer than her siblings to accept that magic is real?
Lots to discuss! Hope to see posts from all of you soon.
Have a great weekend,