Thursday, December 16, 2010
Wednesday, December 15, 2010
Don't forget to bring:
1. Snacks for potluck
2. Book for book exchange, gift-wrapped and pretty, and LABELED WITH THE RECIPIENT'S NAME SO HE OR SHE KNOWS IT'S FOR THEM. IT SHOULD ALSO HAVE YOUR NAME, SO HE/SHE NOW KNOWS WHO DREW HIM/HER! :)
Check the signup post and make sure you're good to attend... looking forward to it!
Thursday, December 9, 2010
So everyone seemed on board to have a potluck luncheon party on Thursday the 16th. Will you guys post on here what you're planning on bringing? Here are some suggested items that I think would be yummy:
1. Deli meats (for sandwiches)or other "main dish" items
2. Bread (3 loaves)
3. Veggies (for sandwiches)
4. Chips (assorted)
5. Desserts (")
6. Drinks (")
We've not ever done it this way before, so talk it over with your parents, see what you can contribute and add a comment to this post!
Wednesday, December 8, 2010
Hey book club kiddos,
We are meeting tomorrow as usual to discuss HP and where we are in the Deathly Hallows (and to collect permission slips if you haven't already turned yours in!), but here is an early heads-up about our 2nd Annual Winter Break Book Exchange:
1. Everyone brings a book to LEND for reading over break (it will be well taken care of), holiday wrapped and ready for choosing!
2. The book can be either one from your own collection or you may select a library book for your person to check out (meaning YOU check it out, gift wrap it, bring it in and when he/she chooses it, they will in turn check it out to get it off your account).
3. Please try to select something of a manageable size for all-- no War and Peace, no entire Lord of the Rings... you know what I mean! You may, however, select two books if they are very short.
4. Select a book that has meaning to you. Maybe it's a childhood favorite, maybe you read it recently and it's your IT book right now... something that separates it from all the other books you've read!
We will meet Thursday the 16th and do our drawing then. Why don't we make it a Holiday Potluck? Everyone brings in a drink or an eat and we party and exchange books? Sound good?!